Date(s) - 02/08/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Redmond City Hall
|Registration coming soon. Sign up here to be notified when registration is available for this class.
Your email will not be kept or used in any way except for the notification you are requesting
This free 2.5 hour course teaches basic life-saving medical interventions, including a brief Active Shooter preparedness presentation and methods to control bleeding. Taught by practicing EMT’s and nurses, the course was developed in response to the call from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Hartford Consensus to improve survival during active shooter and other mass casualty events. In these circumstances, survival begins with bystanders.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of your response during an active shooter event.
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
- Demonstrate wound packing and learn about topical hemostatic dressings.
- Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
Space is limited